Monday, January 22, 2007

Transgressions trip




Here are a few pics from the exhibition I'm in right now at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA. I had a great time at the reception and panel but that's the last time I buy a ticket for a plane that leave at midnight. I'm pooped. The SF/bay area is my favorite american city by far. I miss living there, got to see some of my old stomping grounds like the Thai Buddhist Temple for Sunday breakfast, Berkeley Bowl for an orange and a coffee and gawking at the abundant selection of organic produce, and on. Got to spend a little bit of time as well with Peter, his dog Blue (one of the all time best dogs, ever), and a "little" bit of time with his fiance, Ann. (I'm now the proud owner of my very own Peter V. painting, thanks Pete.) They put me up and made me coffee even though they are preggers and getting ready to move back to Albuquerque in less than a week. Thank you for that too. It was such a short trip though that I didn't get to see or look up some people that I would have liked to see. I dropped in and dropped back out. Far too short. I did get to go to the Anselm Kiefer exhibition at SFMOMA, which ROCKED. Really. It ROCKED. The paintings were massive. monumental but still incredibly at a human scale. They were sublime. They had sunflower seeds, sunflowers, hot glue, ripped paper, tar, really amazing.


No comments: