Monday, July 21, 2008
























My mom and I spent much of Saturday and Sunday sewing a skirt. I love it, it turned out great and it was so nice to see just how much I remembered from my mom's sewing lessons when I was young. I'm completely inspired and when I get back to Honolulu I'm finally going to get the new sewing machine I've been hemming and hawing over. I even bought fabric on my trip to work with - it was $8.00 a yard, would have been $18.00 a yard in Honolulu at Kaimuki Dry Goods, a GREAT shop but with OUTRAGEOUS prices. Kainoa loved the sewing too, he played with my grandma's sewing kit next to us while we worked. We leave in the morning and neither of us is ready to go. Yesterday Kainoa asked my mom and dad if he could stay for two more weeks and I wish we could.

1 comment:

SEB said...

Sewing used to be one of my great pleasures. I'd join you for a sewing afternoon in Honolulu, if you wanted a companion. (I have a sewing machine already: a basic, indestructible model that I've used since high school.)

-Kate